06 August 2012

Graphics play day - psycadelic clover

A clover image spotted amongst 'some others you might like to see" section on Karen's  Graphics Fairy blog, took me back to a recent walk. Clover patches were growing locally on roadside verges; subtle creams and soft pinks hidden within each flower tuft, and striated markings evident in their leaves.

This original black and white botanical engraving is from a circa 1880's agricultural magazine, with my Bamboo tablet, which mostly resides in the desk drawer (for occasions like these).

Colouring-in at your computer can be quite a therapeutic exercise.  If you liked it in your childhood years, you'll have just as much fun now.  For the 'would love to be able to draw, paint, frustrated 'artist' person, maybe digital colouring like this is pretty much the 'next best' prospect.

With a little time spent penning CHALKS over the clover like this, next I layered it with another of Graphics Fairy items from yesteryear. This French postcard I think it is, has now become a TEXTURE plate.  DOUBLE-CLICK for OBJECT PROPERTIES (at least this is how I do it with my Corel PhotoImpact X3, another from yesteryear I know).

Selecting SUBTRACTION with no added transparencies, it has become.....are you ready? 



12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

wow. pretty slick! :)

Judy said...

That is wonderful! I am not going to follow all your steps, but I do love your result!!

Judy said...

PS One of my regulars at work just gave me a box of shells, and I am too busy playing with them to colour anything, this week!!

Laura said...

Oh how fun your clover coloring is!

Brian King said...

Whatever you did is beyond my skill, but it turned out wonderful! Beautiful work!

Nadege, said...

An amazing process with a touch of magic...gorgeous colors.

Anonymous said...

Super gemacht ♥

LG Mathilda

Andrea said...

Wow Carole, that is an amazing result! Maybe it would be more wonderful if you will also draw your own, so the result will be fully yours, and I am sure your feeling of accomplishment will be more complete!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Jan Castle said...

Gasp!!!! Beautiful Carole...make me a card! LOL!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

ZielonaMila said...

Beautiful work. I am greeting

Kay said...

Very nice done Carole!