27 March 2012

A little bit of yesteryear ...

Quoted from their website The Dubbo Regional Museum Collection was established in 1954 by Andy Graham, who began collecting objects in his backyard shed in Wingewarra Street. The collection has developed to reflect the many different roles that Dubbo has played over its almost 170 year history.

The cultural centre houses both a museum and art collection; we lunched in the restaurant there also for my friend's birthday too.  Because of a change of hangings in the making for the art section, it was closed on the day ... come back soon!


 I'll just stand here so you can see how big the wheels are; I'm not sure how I'd climb up onto that cart!


this was more my size


it' a wool-press





7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love the old treasures. but, WOW, that first cart is massive!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Great treasures there. That is one huge wagon. I love the yellow one with the orange wheels.

Nadege, said...

An excellent collection. The carts are quite beautifully made.

Jan Castle said...

Interesting old 'stuff'...TFS
Jan

Brian King said...

Beautiful wagons! That first one is huge! Wow! I'd like to see the horses that pulled it! :-)

Carole M. said...

thanks for your comments everyone! Brian, that big one would have a bullock team pulling it

Dianne said...

A wonderful collection of the old ... I'm so pleased I never had to use one of those irons Carole ... Hard work!