11 March 2010

Stamping: Batik technique

Easter is just around the corner and I've been really looking forward to using my Michael Strong Easter Egg stamp for cardmaking. It's such a clearly etched 'cloisonne' stamp that works perfectly for this batik application.


A smooth white cardstock was used for these, but yes, a white glossy works so nicely also; in fact they both work well! The result is always rewarding, playing with colours, blending your favourites etc.

I've recently added this technique to my list of Helium "how-to" articles. Writing these how-to's kind of explains one reason, why my blog posts have been quietly put to one side (but not forgotten), for a time too.

For further reading of the steps involved: How to batik a stamped image is here.

4 comments:

Lyn S said...

your Easter eggs look fabulous Carole! I'd love to see what cards you make with these.

Martha said...

These are so beautiful! You are right. They look perfect done with the batik technique. Now I really want this stamp, lol.

ModernaDesignsArt said...

Carole,
Happy Easter! We celebrate Passover and my birthday (which is more important?) so it's the season of spring and happiness.
Hugs,
Dorly Weitzen from Israel

Chanell D Gautreaux said...

Carole, these are beautiful!